Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Carmel Apple CIder


Okay if anyone of you have had Starbucks Carmel Apple cider you know its freak'n fantastic. I have been trying to figure out how to make it just like them.. So I sneaked a peek online to see what I could find.. I found the recipe.. However I couldn't find the right ingredient that I needed so I went to plan B. I have not worked out measurements yet.. so roll with my " a little" of this and a "little of that ... ( It's not like it's hard..)It is still very very yummy.

The original recipe calls for :
Tree top apple juice
Cinnamon syrup
whip cream
Carmel Topping

Well, I couldn't find any Cinnamon syrup ( coffee aisle.) But I did find Carmel syrup So here is what I tried

3 Cups(ish) APPLE CIDER ( don't get cheap when buying apple cider.) If your a bigger fan of juice go for it

about a cap full of Carmel syrup ( I don't add it until my apple cider was near boiling point.)

About a 1/2 of a cinnamon stick. Brought to a boil with the cider.

I have also used ground Cinnamon... it was a bit too strong & it all settles at the bottom so the last cup gets cinnamon overload. ( I would use a teabag next time for sure) I just tried using about Teaspoon of Cinnamon extract.. it's okay... But I like the idea of a the cinnamon stick.. ( if I could just find the syrup I would use that!)


Bring it to a simmering/boil..


Add whip cream topping and a squirt of Carmel topping.


I really like the taste. It was SIMILAR to the Starbucks Carmel apple. I do think I will try a few variations ... more with the spices ( wassail style) with Carmel added.


Quick/ Easy/ Cheaper/ and most importantly YUMMY.
Is this qualified as a recipe.. no, probably not.. but it's my new favorite thing so I'm sharing.

1 comment:

jess said...

here's what i would do to try to make cinnamon syrup - but you'd kinda have a whole bunch of it...

i'd make a simple syrup with sugar and water...and add cinnamon to it. simple syrup is 2 parts sugar, 1 part water, so you could make just a tiny amount and see what happens.

bring the sugar and water (and cinnamon! (i'd try 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water) to a boil and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. then try it out with your cider?